- 21 Apr - Canada: Nova Scotia cement project draws concern
- 21 Apr - Lafarge US plants recognized
- 21 Apr - Holcim, Lafarge deal could impact Holy Hill plant
- 21 Apr - Najran Cement turns in lower Q1 numbers
- 21 Apr - Stronger revenues for Carthage Cement
- 18 Apr - Kepler-Cheuvreux confirms Cementir rating
- 17 Apr - Iskitimcement reports higher Q1 production
- 17 Apr - Lafarge to test torrefied biomass in Canada
- 17 Apr - Turkey cement makers monitoring Lafarge merger
Cement Market Data
- Bangladesh (February 2014)
Clinker imports value on the rise in Feb...
- Greece (January 2014)
Slow start for Greek cement production i...
- Germany (March 2014)
German cement market seen expanding furt...
- Saudi Arabia (March 2014)
Improved monthly cement demand in March ...
- South Africa (4th Quarter 2013)
Lower quarterly cement results in Q4 ...
Life Cycle Assessment - A study of the construction industry Part 2/3A life cycle assessment (LCA), also known as: life cycle analysis is an input-output analysis of inputs like materials, energy and outputs like emissions, waste etc. The goal of LCA is to assess the environmental impacts associated with the product / process and to compare with the alternates available and choose that alternate which is least burdensome...17 April 2014
Lafarge & Holcim - Clash of the titans? No more.What was once an unthinkable combination was on April 4, 2014 sparsely confirmed by Lafarge and Holcim in respective press statements: the two were indeed considering a merger of equals. On April 7, 2014 the companies triumphantly confirmed the move after the boards approved the transaction over the weekend, in one fell swoop radically redesigning the world of cement as we...10 April 2014
2013: A disappointing year for major cement companiesThe effect of the global economic crisis can still be seen in most regions worldwide. The global construction sector remained volatile along the year with most of the major cement companies showing negative results at the end of 2013.02 April 2014