- 09 Dec - Suez Cement inks new agreement with labor union
- 09 Dec - Italcementi strikes deal with labor unions
- 09 Dec - Cementir to idle Taranto unit in Italy
- 09 Dec - Savannah Cement names CEO
- 09 Dec - Conch to expand production of green building materials
- 07 Dec - Holcim US earns EPA's Energy Star for Holly Hill plant
- 06 Dec - Cemex chooses Neoris for IT outsourcing
- 06 Dec - New addition to Bamburi board
- 06 Dec - Belarus cement firms open to Russia cooperation
Cement Market Data
- Vietnam (October 2013)
Monthly production stable in October 201...
- Malaysia (September 2013)
Monthly gain for Malaysian cement produc...
- South Africa (3rd Quarter 2013)
Sales decline in the new quarter Qu...
- Canada (September 2013)
New 2013 maximum for Canadian cement shi...
- Canada (August 2013)
Monthly cement shipments continue the gr...
Use of alternative fuels in Spain and the rest of EuropeThe addition of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere through the burning of traditional fossil fuels has long been cited as the primary cause of global warming and climate change. Efforts to arrest climate change have centered on the reduction of carbon emissions, and the cement manufacturing industry is doing its part primarily through the use of alternative fuels in the clinker...25 November 2013
New Regenerative Thermal Oxidation (RTO) with Integrated NOx ReductionOdor emissions had been a problem for the cement plant in Wopfing, Austria for several years. Due to the location of the cement plant in a narrow valley, nearby villages were affected by its emissions. After 10 years of testing different waste gas cleaning systems, the Wopfinger Baustoffindustrie GmbH decided to install a Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer (RTO) to control...18 November 2013
Next stage in vertical roller mills with Siemens technologyTwo compact solutions for the optimum and energy-efficient driving of vertical mills. A look at cement-production figures worldwide reveals considerable growth over the years. This gives rise to a demand for even higher-performing and naturally economical production systems.
15 October 2013