- 29 Sep - Renewable Fuel produces coal substitute for cement kilns
- 29 Sep - Ghana moves to end cement shortage
- 29 Sep - South Africa’s PPC needs a more commercial board
- 29 Sep - Acquisition plans in South India shelved
- 29 Sep - Investigation at Lafarge North America cement plant ends with fine
- 29 Sep - Brazil’s Votorantim eyes Lafarge and Holcim assets
- 29 Sep - Inspectors investigate Vietnam’s Vicem
- 29 Sep - Titan America plans to build new cement plant in North Carolina
- 29 Sep - Cemex announces pricing of Contingent Convertible Units
Cement Market Data
- Malaysia (July 2014)
Cement output posted steep monthly decli...
- Argentina (August 2014)
Monthly increase for cement demand in Au...
- Greece (June 2014)
Cement production posts overall decline ...
- Vietnam (August 2014)
Overall growth for cement production in ...
- United States (July 2014)
Cement shipments in July 2014 improved ...
India cement sector set to build momentum, accelerate into 2015CW Group forecasts 2014 global growth to accelerate to 4.2 percent and consumption to reach 4.21 billion tons, up from 3.9 percent forecasted in February this year. We anticipate that renewed confidence in construction market conditions will positively affect the general global outlook, annual consumption reaching 4.8 billion tons by 2018.28 September 2014
Navigating the Razor's Edge: Anti-trust in the Global Cement SectorNo doubt, coordinated industrial activity can be good for the cement sector and ensure efficient allocation of capital that in emerging markets can help stop a drain on the foreign account, build domestic value, add capability and create jobs on a large scale. However, antitrust authorities in many markets have followed developments with a watchful...21 September 2014
Solid economic development for MalaysiaMalaysia is a federal constitutional monarchy and the last four decades’ relative political stability has fueled a solid economic development. Malaysia’s GPD jumped 4.7 percent in 2013 and is expected to further expand with a 5.0 percent compound annual growth rate by 2018.17 September 2014