- 19 Sep - Russia’s BaselCement invests in lime plant modernization
- 19 Sep - South Pacific Cement sales its shareholding of Pacific Cement
- 19 Sep - Cemex to buy back debt
- 19 Sep - India’s Chettinad Cement invests in new capacity
- 18 Sep - Cement fraud trial in Namibia postponed
- 18 Sep - Suez Cement factory in Egypt to start using coal next November
- 18 Sep - Tororo Cement joins the Uganda Chamber of Mines and Petroleum
- 18 Sep - Semen Indonesia builds new cement plant
- 18 Sep - Cementa to expand limestone mining in Skövde, Sweden
Cement Market Data
- Pakistan (July 2014)
Local dispatches of cement lowered in Ju...
- Lebanon (May 2014)
Overall growth for cement shipments in M...
- Chile (July 2014)
Demand dropped on all counts in July 201...
- Canada (June 2014)
Monthly improvement for cement shipments...
- Thailand (July 2014)
Overall growth for cement demand in July...
Navigating the Razor's Edge: Anti-trust in the Global Cement SectorNo doubt, coordinated industrial activity can be good for the cement sector and ensure efficient allocation of capital that in emerging markets can help stop a drain on the foreign account, build domestic value, add capability and create jobs on a large scale. However, antitrust authorities in many markets have followed developments with a watchful...21 September 2014
Solid economic development for MalaysiaMalaysia is a federal constitutional monarchy and the last four decades’ relative political stability has fueled a solid economic development. Malaysia’s GPD jumped 4.7 percent in 2013 and is expected to further expand with a 5.0 percent compound annual growth rate by 2018.17 September 2014
GCTPR 2Q 2014 - Slight rebound in cement prices as FOB levels tick up around the worldSecond quarter 2014 global FOB prices for gray cement slightly rebounded from previous months reaching levels over US$80 per ton from February to April 2014. With oversupply still a major issue in some markets and competitive pressures in cement deliveries still high, prices have been largely stagnant. Continued weak domestic demand...14 September 2014