- 05 Jul - High cement prices in Egypt
- 05 Jul - Directs of India’s UltraTech Cement resigns
- 05 Jul - Semen Indonesia provides aid for local communities
- 05 Jul - Algeria boosts local cement production to reduce imports
- 05 Jul - ACC halts limestone mining operations in Jharkhand, India
- 05 Jul - Votorantim Cimentos wins award in Brazil
- 04 Jul - India’s Sanghi Industries installs new cement mill
- 04 Jul - Canada: McInnis Cement to use forest biomass at new cement plant
- 04 Jul - India’s Dalmia Cement commences operations at greenfield cement plant
Cement Market Data
- India (May 2015)
Cement supply resumes expansion in May 2...
- Bangladesh (April 2015)
Bangladesh clinker imports continue to i...
- Italy (January 2015)
Strong decrease in Italy’s cement prod...
- Argentina (May 2015)
Cement demand and supply lose momentum i...
- Colombia (May 2015)
Cement supply and demand recover pace in...
Indian Cement Industry to Benefit from Cheaper PetcokeLower crude oil prices have exerted a positive impact on the Indian cement industry, which has reported increased savings led by lower costs for energy and packaging polymer in Q1 2015 vs. Q4 2014. After the initial decline in fuel-grade petcoke, April brought about a mild price increase of around 1 percent, as Indian interest in imported petcoke...18 June 2015
Ecoefficiency through technological innovation in the production of artificial pozzolan at Votorantim Cimentos’ Porto Velho plantThe Porto Velho cement plant is located in Rondonia State, in the Northwest of Brazil. It was designed for supplying cement to the North region of Brazil and, particularly, Santo Antonio and Jirau hydroelectric power plants that are under construction in the middle of Amazon region.14 May 2015
Slag - A material that endows cement and concreteSlag has been employed in cement manufacturing since the 19th century, today being universally accepted as a material that endows cement and concrete with a noteworthy list of advantages. Given that this waste is highly dependent on steel and iron output, both of which are subject to the fluctuations of the macro-economic indicators, cement manufacturers are challenged in finding...14 May 2015